Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Enraptured

Enraptured



































My song was for you.
And I think it enraptured you while I played it
It was like the Sirens calling you to the Island.
You couldn’t resist it.
But then the music was over
And you left my spell and entered back into the world
You forgot everything you felt, everything we shared.
It was like a magic trick,
You made it all vanish in front of my very eyes

We all need our muse.
You were mine
I will never forget the way you made me feel,
the way you didn’t want to let me go
But then something changed your mind, and you were quick
to run away and hide your feelings from me
Because it’s easier to do that than to face the truth staring at you from deep within your heart.
You were crazy to leave something so incredible.
You were out of your mind.
You ran off with her and left me standing alone to bear the bitter emptiness of my soul,
The soul I bared honestly and openly to you,
No questions asked.

I gave you my love,
I gave you my all and you took it all
And left me nothing, but a broken heart.
And now I am lost, left wondering where I go from here.
Left wondering how I can let you go or
If I should let you go, 
Because I know I should,
Otherwise it’s complete insanity.
But maybe somewhere out there in the stars, I sense some hope
for something that will probably never be,
A desire that will never be realized again.
When something could have been so great --
Like a star just being born, a galaxy starting to form 

For now, you will remain my muse,
My inspiration to keep searching for love
But until I find it again, it will be hard to let you go.
The hold you had on me was irresistible.
You burned through me like a burning flame melting wax.
You ignited me, and left me to burn
I don’t know how to put out this fire raging deep inside my soul.
For now, I will try to quiet it with music, with song.
I will try to vanquish my desire for you. 
I’ll try to forget about you, as hard as I know that will be
But I don’t know how to.
How do I let you go?




















Joan Osborne – Where We Start

No comments:

Post a Comment