Friday, April 24, 2015

Free Will

Free will

So what is free will and do I have it?

I try desperately to live my life in a way that is true to myself but everyone around me echoes that I am wrong.
Therefore I must be wrong, right?

I never felt I would be so disappointed in the people I love to understand me and what my heart desires.
My heart points North but they point South.

So which way am I supposed to go?

Can you tell me?

Can you guide me? Can you be my North Star?

Cause apparently I don’t know what is good for me,

Since everyone says that what I think is good for me is not right.

So then I should be a robot and let people lead me by a rope.
And hang me in the end because they got their way.
They got what they wanted for me.
What they think is best.

But in my heart, it’s not what I wanted.

But I can’t make them see that.
They do not hear me.
I am surrounded by deaf people who only hear their own wants and desires. 
They don’t listen to me
Even when I scream.

So I’m going to stop screaming and let the stream carry me along.
Maybe there is an answer there, and it’ll whisper to me in the night through the trees and let me know that it will be okay
To follow my own will.
To live my own life.
To be Happy on Unhappy. Whatever it may be.
But to just Be.
In the end I want to say I did it because of me.
I did it for Me.
Because it’s my life
And I only get one shot at it.

Get me out of this cage. Let me fly free
Free me of this cacophony of sound that is deafening and painful to my ears and my heart.
Let me hear the birds.
Let me fly with them
Let me be in harmony with the way of life, with what may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment