Saturday, June 14, 2014

Girls Having Fun!

Girls Having Fun!

The night was young. 
Molly came over and we chatted about boys and life and such over some Spanish red wine in my new place.
Freedom. Finally on my own :)

Molly poured out her heart, her worries, her doubts, her insecurities — all the human things we share with a good friend when we have a lot on our mind.

I mostly listened and relished in the time I had to pamper myself and get ready, eat chocolate and drink wine.
After all, the night was Young.

Tired, but determined, I knew we had to go out and have a good time.
So we did
We went to town since Stowe was dead. 
There we were, 2 Hot ladies!  
And we Let the Feelings go. And the Insecurities go.
We went out and Had Fun!

We Rolled into Burlington.
The night started out with a delicious meal at Ahli Baba’s Kabob shop.
Someone suggested I try the Falafel pita there
Oh so good! As Molly and I deliciously downed our food, I wondered where our night would take us. 
The Music that would move us, the People that would move and shake us,
And I was ready to Go!

We checked out the scene up and down Church Street - not far to go really, 'cause Burlington is a small town. 

But for such a small place, I have to say it has a lot of cool stuff going on
I don’t need my NYC or D.C.
It is Quaint and Perfect, and Personal the way it is

There was a light rain falling. It was Friday the 13th, Full Moon - a Honey Moon.

As we walked on that rainy night, Hoping and Dreaming, and Wondering,
I let my thoughts go.
I just wanted good music, and laughter, and to get my dancing feet on!
I wanted to find my Alter Ego. That one that makes me feel Free and Happy when I’m out there dancing, just letting myself Go.

Radio Bean?, Molly suggested. I had no clue. 
Sounds Good! Let’s Go!

The scene at Radio Bean was like out of a movie. The instant I stepped foot in the place, I was transformed. Velvet pendant lights, wrap around fabric sofas, candlelit tables, dim lighting. Moody, Classy, Perfect.
I felt like I was taken back in time to another Era. 
There was a Glimmer of Excitement in my eyes and my heart Quickened. 
This was going to be a Good Night!

On stage, there was a teenybopper band. 4 Teenage boys singing and playing their hearts out. And I was totally impressed. These boys knew what they were doing! They felt the music and read each other without a glance.
Their musicality was fantastic! Their harmonies came naturally, they were not forced.
They felt the music with their soul and were so In the Moment.

So we started off with an Old Fashioned for Old times Sake, and Got our Groove on.
The Band Rocked!
It was like I was transformed back into the 50s or 60s, listening to music I imagined my mother getting her dance groove on to
They just don’t create music like this anymore.

As we stood up there dancing like crazy rockstars and teenyboppers, I Smiled and Laughed and Remembered how much I used to love this!
And how much of it I let go of, when I decided that Other things and people in my life were more important.
And I realized I had lost this part of myself, the part of myself that was Carefree and Happy.
But she was back!

We Danced, and danced some more and exchanged smiles with the band because we were All Feeling It and Feeling Good!

There is something So powerful about dancing, 
About letting yourself go in your Movements. 
About Expressing your body and Letting Yourself Really Feel.
About letting your Body mold into Another Person's body.
There is a language that is unspoken -- Sensual, Free, Loving, Beautiful, Happy.
Dancing takes your Mind and Body to another Realm.
It’s a Natural High that is Glorious!

Molly and I finally peeled ourselves away and headed back towards Church Street to meet up with some friends.
After all, the night was Young and there were more people to meet and More Experiences to be had.
And it felt Bittersweet to leave Radio Bean - like I didn’t want to go, I didn’t want to let go of that Good Feeling.
I wanted it to Linger 'til Dawn and Beyond --
But off we went into the Night

And as I walked down the rainy, wet road, I felt the Longing,
But this time I let it Go and Let Myself Feel the Rain and the Moment

Metronome it was. 90s night. 
And suddenly the music in my heart Died. 
As soon as I walked in, I realized how much I miss the Live music. 
The Ringing Vibrations and Echoes of the strings of the guitar, the Raw Beating of the drum, the Live Voice that penetrates your soul and takes you to another place.
There is Nothing Else like it.

So we got our Groove on.
Then we went to find our group. Next door they were.

And was that quite a scene! Boys and their Beer.
We clearly were not up to there level of drunkenness. 
There was yelling and swaying and slurring of words and Alter Egos coming out. Randy? Who’s Randy? Haha!
Well it was Entertaining.

So somehow this group of 10 or so people migrated out of the bar, and headed to another bar.
We moved like an Amorphous Blob down one sidewalk then another, swaying in the Breeze and Dancing.
Glances were exchanged, and Laughs were had.

In line at the next bar, as we stood there, we watched a Crazy, Creative soul in our crew run up to people in the street and perform Crazy Magic tricks.
There was a Light that magically appeared and disappeared,
There was Dancing, Gliding, Twirling. There was Amazement and Laughter.
It was like an Improv Ballet unfolding before our eyes. It was Free and Spirited. I loved it!
And the guy checking everyone in at the bar, said 'No Thank You'
And turned us around.

So finally we made our way back to Metronome.
And there was more dancing. And boys who asked me to dance.
And that was Sweet. To be asked. Just Simply, with a Smile and an offering of his hand.

And I realized that night, that Love can be found in a Moment and Hearts are broken without meaning to be.
And for a second, I felt sad. 
Because I always want to see people Happy.
Because there is just too much Sadness in this world already.
And I wanted to say I’m sorry, but he was Gone.

And so we wondered down the Road again. 
Next up. Late Night Pizza!
People meeting up with people. There was a lot of reminiscing about good old College days and nights out on the town, days spent hanging out.
Reliving the Memories.
And I liked just reveling in the moment, and watching the Smiles and laughter and Excited stories of the people around me.

The Unity that we all shared in that circle at that moment, even though I had only exchanged a few words with  these people --most of them whom I was meeting for the first time --was special.

And so it was time to Go. And somehow the hours did not matter at that point.
And We Drove off into the Evening.
And I wondered Where this Road will take me. Hopefully somewhere Good.

Let’s just say the night ended under the Full Moon, with Smiles, Laughs, Love, and Goodbyes!

Friday the 13th. Full Moon.

Mmmmm You Know Ono! You will Linger On

Feel It All - Feist
Manhattan - Sara Bareilles

                                              At Radio Bean - You Know Ono


No comments:

Post a Comment